Happy weekend everybody! We’ve got info on our name change, this week’s giveaway, app updates, the new shop and more below!
@hightherefun is now @hightheresocial!
We decided it was time for a refresh! We still want to be the fun, giveaway-filled account you’ve come to know but our goal is so much more than that, and we felt it was time our name reflected it.
Our community is fun, but fun is only a part of it. We want to be your trusted source for news, health information, and support in the sometimes topsy-turvy world of cannabis enthusiasm and medication.
Without the High There community, there is no High There. And we want to make sure every aspect of our outreach reflects that. So not just fun – Truly social. A part of and a boost to our community. Because all of you out there? Are what we’re all about. One ❤️.
Ok, ok, enough with the feels – Less sap, more stuff everybody cares about. Like this week’s giveaway and our brand new “Ask The Pro” series!
Giveaway & Ask The Professional: Dr. Bryan Doner
Medical or recreational, legalized or no, when it comes to the world of cannabinoids there can be a lot of questions.
Have you ever wanted to know something about cannabis but haven’t had the chance to ask a professional? In today’s community feature we’re introducing the first of our “Ask The Pro” series, with our very own
Dr. Doner has a wealth of healthcare-related experience; as co-founder of Compassionate Certification Centers, Dr. Doner and his team currently treats 60,000+ medical marijuana patients across the state of Pennsylvania, and has a large breadth of knowledge when it comes to the topics of both cannabis use as medicinal treatment and cannabis legality.
If you have a question you’d like to ask Dr. Doner and the High There staff, simply either make a new post or comment in the High There app* with your question and the hashtag #askdrdoner and your post may be featured in one of our upcoming articles!
Note: This contest will run a full two weeks, to accommodate as many questions as possible; we want to make sure everyone has the chance to see their answers in a future update! Here’s the official rundown:
- Log into the High There app and visit the official @hightheresocial account.
- Make a new post or comment with the hashtag #askdrdoner and your question for the High There team.
- And that’s it! Winners to be announced in early October & will be contacted by email after the contest is over. Questions will be answered in an article posted to the site as soon as possible.
Contest begins: Friday, September 17th, 2021 at 4:20pm PST
Contest ends: Thursday, September 30th, 2021 at 4:19pm PST
But we’re not just offering the gift of knowledge. For three lucky app users participating, you’ll each receive the prize of a
Prize winners will need to respond to an email from the High There staff, and potentially provide their mailing address & other personal information upon request.
* We realize there are those who may wish to ask questions anonymously and respect their right to privacy. If so, please feel free to submit your question to our email address
Contest is open to residents of Canada and the United States of America, excepting Quebec and Arizona. Must be 21 or older to participate. Only one entry valid per account. Winners chosen at random among all valid entries. Full rules are included on this page.
High There App Updates
We’ve had a lot of great feedback since our last major update (search) and have been working hard behind the scenes to make improvements based on our community’s suggestions.
A new version is slated to begin internal testing very soon with some minor improvements, and one major feature: A new main feed, that can either be set to show either the current “little bit of everything” mix or only your own friends!
Our team is also putting significant amounts of resources and effort into combating spammers and solicitors from trolling the app. We’ve been testing some new ways to help keep our platform as spam-free as possible, and encourage everyone to please use the report function in-app whenever they see a post that doesn’t reflect our community – Every report is monitored, read, and acted upon if deemed necessary, and it’s largely due to the diligence of our user base and community that we’re able to root out bad actors. So thank you all for helping us make High There the best cannabis (and otherwise!) social media app around – We mean it when we say we couldn’t do it without your help!
Our newest version is slated to begin internal testing within the next few days, and we should hopefully have information on a firm public launch date very soon; stay tuned here for more news in next week’s post!
High There’s New Ambassador Program!
We announced the official launch of the
And if you’re looking for that new drip don’t forget, with our Ambassador Program also comes the brand new High There shop! Ever wanted to rock a High There hoodie? How about a Wakey Bakey t-shirt? Our shop uses high-quality fabrics and offers premium clothing products that are comfortable, built to last, and look pretty good if we do say so ourselves. Click the pics below for a few samples, and make sure to stop by the shop to see everything we have on display.
Last Week’s Winners: “#freeformfriday”
With so much going on this week, last week we decided to take it a bit easy and chill out with our users for a bit in an extended #freeformfriday contest. Rules were simple: Post a picture or video with whatever it is you wanted to share and that’s it; contest entered. Easy, chill; some good Friday-style vibes all around.
We had a lot of awesome entries but there can be only one winner. As determined by the will of the dice, our Grand Prize Winner for the first #freeformfriday is:
Grand Prize Winner:
Congrats JamieBudiva! You’ve won a free
Three other contestants have each received our special Judge’s Prize, with those entries being:
Seriously, watch the video and tell us this doesn’t deserve some love
Who put so much effort into entering we had to give her love of family a prize
Because this just looks chill as all get out
We loved each and every entry we received but the three above each hit our judges right in the Friday vibes. And for that, the three of you will each receive
Thank you again to all of our entrants; we hope you’ll all enter this week’s giveaway as well, and look forward to seeing you in the app! As always, make sure to follow the official @hightheresocial account for more weekly contests, news round-ups, fun links, and community highlights! We’ll see you in the app!
High There Contest Rules for September 17th, 2021 (“#askdrdoner”)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the sweepstakes page within the High There App and who are 21 as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, residents of Arizona and Quebec are not eligible, and is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsors as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about Friday, September 17th, 2021 at 4:20pm EST. All online entries must be received by Tuesday, September 30th, 2021 at 4:19pm EST.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by making a new post or comment in the High There app with the hashtag #askdrdoner and a question as directed above. In order to enter the sweepstakes, users will be required to have downloaded the High There app from
- Alternative Method of Entry: A Participant can request an entry without registering for a HighThere account by mailing a legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope (“SASE”) with sufficient postage and a return address, including first and last name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code to: HighThere Contest 1020 Holland Drive, Suite #102 Boca Raton FL 33487. DO NOT SEND ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. Mail-in requests, including both outer envelope and SASE, must be handwritten. Outer envelope must include a return address in the upper left-hand corner that matches the requestor’s street address and must be postmarked no sooner than September 17th, 2021, and no later than September 26th, 2021, and received by Sponsor no later than September 30th, 2021.
- Prizes: 3 Winners (the “Grand Prize Winners”) will receive a Mystery Box from World of Bongs (valued at approximately $25.00 USD). Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsors. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsors’ discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsors to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: The Grand Prize Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via the email address used to register their High There account following the winner selection. Winners will be directed to provide a mailing address where the High There staff may send their won prize. Sponsors shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 72 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by the winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Sponsors, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsors, or their respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Sponsors. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Terms: Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in their sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such a case, Sponsors may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Sponsors have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, the participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: HighThere 1020 Holland Drive, Suite #102 Boca Raton FL 33487. Requests must be received no later than September 25th, 2021.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is HighThere 1020 Holland Drive, Suite #102 Boca Raton FL 33487
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or Google.